Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
FK - Baltic Film, Media and Arts School
Study programme title in Est.
Ekraanimeedia ja innovatsioon
study programme title in Engl.
Screen Media and Innovation
Language of instruction
Humanitaaria ja kunstid
Study programme group
Study programme subgroup
en: Audiovisuaalsed tehnikad ja meedia tootmine
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Bachelor´s Degree, Diploma of Professional Higher Education or a corresponding qualification; entrance examination.
Level B2 in English language is prerequisite to begin studies in the programme.
Study programme aims and objectives
General objectives of the curriculum is to prepare media content producers and specialists who understand the contemporary media processes, show more...
particularly screen diversity, and the changes associated with the digitalization (platformization, appification and datafication) of media industries and media participation,
are capable to innovatively and creatively approach complex problems of screen media, are able to work in teams and projects in the field of media and creative economy, are able to continue in PhD studies.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- is able to innovatively and creatively solve complex problems of screen media by implementing problem/project-based design process by five phases - discovery, show more...
interpret, ideate, prototype, evolve;
- has systematic overview and wide knowledge of contemporary, internatsional and digitalized screen media, and is able to recognize and create interdisciplinary connections between challenges, paradigms, theories, researches and concepts of media industry, media participation, digitalization and globalization;
- is capable to position processes and problems of screen media in the wider social contect, to critically analyse and describe it and to find solutions
- can articulate the issues, problems and theoretical frameworks of media industries and media participation in professional written and spoken English, and to offer solutions to specialists
- is able to lead audiovisual content production and has practical skills for audiovisual storytelling
- has skills to work in media and creative economy field as innovator, consultant, analyst and entrepreneur, and is able to assess the need for continuing the studies
- is capable to participate actively and ethically in civic society, and is tolerant of diversity of attitudes and values
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Master’s thesis. English C1 level is prerequisite for graduation. International students matriculated since Academic Year 2020/2021 must receive a positive result for course FKI6004.FK in order to fulfill the graduation requirements. The International student is a student without Estonian citizenship, long-term residence permit or permanent right of residence.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits