Course title in Estonian
Course title in English
Practice in Youth Work
approximate amount of contact lessons
lecturer of 2018/2019 Spring semester
Tanja Dibou (eesti keel, inglise keel)
lecturer of 2019/2020 Autumn semester
lecturer not assigned
To give the students practical experience of youth work in local government, various youth institutions, youth associations or other organizations.
Brief description of the course
During the practice the student works in the field of youth. Getting to know the work and principles of the organization. Planning and conducting activities meant for the young. Analysis and evaluation of their activities.
Carrying out the activities in accordance with the practice manual.
Learning outcomes in the course
After successfully completing the practice, the student:
• Has practical experience in youth work;
• Is able to use theoretical knowledge in practical youth work;
• Knows and is able to apply a variety of methods and forms of work;
• Is able to carry out youth activities and analyze his/her work performance;
• Is able to work in team and group processes is the key;
• Is able to plan,carry out, analyze and evaluate his/her practice activities;
• Is able to define him/herself as a youth worker.
Practice in youth work consists of:
1. Opening seminar in practice in youth work.
2. Intermediate seminar in practice in youth work.
3. Closing seminar in practice in youth work.
4. Writing blog in practice in youth work.
All parts are mandatory for completion of the cource.
Noorsootöötaja kutsestandardid (2017)
Noorsootöö seadus (2010)
Practice can´t be transfered with RPL. (Based on the decision of the council of the Institute of Educational Sciences 1-6 / 34, 12.03.2018).