Course title in Estonian
Course title in English
approximate amount of contact lessons
autumn - spring
lecturer of 2019/2020 Autumn semester
Terry William Mcdonald (inglise keel)
lecturer of 2019/2020 Spring semester
lecturer not assigned
- To teach different international organizations, their relations with each other, international law connected to the and how to analyze and research these organizations.
Brief description of the course
-The course introduces the basics of international law, types and structure of international organizations and their relations. More attention is paid to bigger and interesting organizations. The course consists of lectures and seminars. The course ends with an exam and a written analysis of an organization. The course is taught in Estonian and English depending on the semester. Please check the language of instruction upon registration.
- For specific details on assessment methods please see the course program.
Learning outcomes in the course
- The student knows all major international organizations, what affects them and how. The student also knows how to analyze all those issues.
- Exam, paper, seminars, presentation.
- Täpne nimekiri leitav kursuseprogrammist.
Hurd, Ian. 2013. International Organizations: Politics, Law, Practice. Cambridge University Press
• Ahmed and Potter. 2006. NGO’s in International Politics. Kumarian Press.