Course title in Estonian
Vene keel B1.2
Course title in English
lecturer of 2021/2022 Autumn semester
lecturer not assigned
lecturer of 2021/2022 Spring semester
Jelena Raudla (language of instruction: Russian)
Acquisition of Russian by means of reading and analysing texts; systematic development of grammar skills; expansion of active and passive vocabulary. Command of Russian at B1 level (Threshold) according to ELP (the Eurpoean language Portfolio).
Brief description of the course
Integrated development of the proficiency of the four language skills (reading, listening, speaking and writing) in accordance with the B1 language level. Expansion of vocabulary on the following topics: classical vs modern art; dance through history; sport; importance of leisure time activities in contemporary society; media: journalism and TV; language and communication.
Independent work: work on texts. Discussions and presenting one’s opinions. Compiling oral summaries of texts. Conveying personal experiences in written form.
Learning outcomes in the course
Upon completing the course the student:
- is able to grasp the gist of everyday speech or radio and TV programmes;
- has acquired comprehension of written texts which include frequently used words and phrases;
- is able to communicate on familiar topics of interest;
- has acquired skills of exploiting grammatical structures;
- is able to justify and clarify personal opinions in oral and written form;
- is able to give an overview of topics in the area of specialisation;
- is able to pass an exam on B1 level.
Study programmes containing that course