Course title in Estonian
Vene keel B2.2
Course title in English
lecturer of 2021/2022 Autumn semester
lecturer not assigned
lecturer of 2021/2022 Spring semester
Jelena Raudla (language of instruction: Russian)
The course includes aspects of Russian for Specific Purposes. Acquisition of Russian by means of reading and analysing texts of the area of students’ specialisation; systematic development of grammar skills; expansion of active and passive vocabulary. Command of Russian at B2 level (Vantage) according to ELP.
Brief description of the course
Integrated development of all four language skills. Extra emphasis on the vocabulary of speciality. Translation skills. Bilingualism. Work on texts chosen in accordance with the students’ specialities. Discussions on topics of speciality. Compiling overviews based on source materials. Principles of compiling a summary of BA thesis. Compiling and making an oral presentation. Principles of writing an argumentative essay.
Learning outcomes in the course
Upon completing the course the student:
- is able to comprehend of longer presentations and news items;
- can comprehend of currently published articles;
- is able to express and justify one’s opinions in oral and written form;
- has acquired skills of compiling essays, reviews and different types of formal letters;
- is able to compile and make an oral presentation on a chosen topic in the area of specialisation;
- is able to pass an exam on B2 level.
Study programmes containing that course