Course title in Estonian
Portugali keel B1.2
Course title in English
lecturer of 2021/2022 Autumn semester
lecturer not assigned
lecturer of 2021/2022 Spring semester
Ana Sofia Chermont de Magalhaes (language of instruction: Portugese)
The objective is to develop skills of communication in Portuguese in different everyday situations, considering the respective cultural background and exchanging necessary quantitative information.
Prepare students for work with topics and materials related to their field of study. Upon completion of the course the students must achieve B1 level (communication threshold) language proficiency according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Brief description of the course
Integrated developing of all four part-skills of a foreign language (listening, reading, speaking, writing) following the content of B1 level on the scale of the European Council´s common framework for languages.
Acquiring different reading strategies. Text creation (private letters, short presentations, essays on topics completed, etc.). Media, Television, Entertainment.
Learning outcomes in the course
Upon completing the course the student:
- is able to grasp the gist of everyday speech or radio and TV programmes;
- can comprehend of written texts which include frequently used words and phrases;
- is able to communicate on familiar topics of interest;
- has acquired skills of exploiting grammatical structures;
- is able to justify and clarify personal opinions in oral and written form;
- is able to give an overview of topics in the area of specialisation;
- is able to pass an exam on B1 level.
Ana Sofia Chermont de Magalhaes