Course title in Estonian
Course title in English
lecturer of 2020/2021 Spring semester
Margot Kask (õpetamise keel: Estonian) ordinary course
lecturer of 2021/2022 Autumn semester
lecturer not assigned
The aim of the course is to offer the students opportunities in gaining practical knowledge and skills needed for taking photos and developing and executing creative ideas.
Brief description of the course
The course is drawn up from illustrated courses and practical work.
The courses and consultations will give an overview of the historical and contemporary influencers and expressions of photography. The students' creative works will be analysed and developed.
The lecture topics:
Structure of storytelling.
Story and image: perpetuation, reproduction, staging in front of a camera. Stage as a empty room of possibilities. Small dimension photo staging. Presence of an author as a presenter. Working with actors. The connection of photo storytelling with painting, performing arts, theater and film arts. Photo series and single image story. Still image and moving image. Image and text. Photo installation.
Prerequisite to pass the course is to take part of the lectures and consultations and presenting a creative work at the end of the course. The assignments will be photoprojects on stage and themes on stage, active participation in developing discussions on text seminars.
Learning outcomes in the course
Upon completing the course the student...
- has knowledge and ability to use different manual and semi manual programs of a photocamera
- is able to process the photos with the photoprocessing programme
- knows the main expressive means of photography language
- knows the possibilites for building a story form images
- knows how to develop and express their creative ideas
- knows how to use photography both for the documentary purposes as well as means of expression in the contemporary arts context
- knows how to critically analyse the photo creations based on their knowledge.
Dots. Margot Kask, lekt. Eve Kiiler
Õppekavaversioonid, millesse aine kuulub