Course title in Estonian
Course title in English
approximate amount of contact lessons
lecturer of 2019/2020 Autumn semester
Vladimir Tomberg (inglise keel) tavaline kursus
lecturer of 2019/2020 Spring semester
lecturer not assigned
The goal of the course is to introduce the process of designing, developing evaluation prototypes to students.
Brief description of the course
The course covers:
• Explorative, experimental and evolutionary prototyping
• Horizontal and vertical prototyping
• Low and high fidelity prototyping
• Design patterns
• Inspection and empirical evaluation methods
Exploring different prototyping techniques.
Learning outcomes in the course
• Be aware of different prototyping possibilities
• Be able to select adequate prototyping approaches
• Be aware of different prototype evaluation options
• Be able to apply adequate prototype evaluation methods
• Be ready to design, develop and evaluate different kinds of prototypes
Assessment – Presentation of the results of prototyping project.
Bill Buxton. 2007. Sketching User Experiences: Getting the Design Right and the Right Design. Morgan Kaufmann Publishers Inc., San Francisco, CA, USA.
Students are required to attend all workshops and deliver the outcomes of all assignments.
Saul Greenberg, Sheelagh Carpendale, Nicolai Marquardt, and Bill Buxton. 2011. Sketching User Experiences: The Workbook (1st ed.). Morgan Kaufmann Publishers Inc., San Francisco, CA, USA.