Course title in Estonian
Course title in English
lecturer of 2023/2024 Spring semester
Andrus Rinde (language of instruction:Estonian)
lecturer of 2024/2025 Autumn semester
Not opened for teaching. Click the study programme link below to see the nominal division schedule.
The purpose of this course is to acquaint students to principals of creation of digital media clips and to provide opportunities to acquire theoretical knowledge and practical skills for creating media clips for visualisations and presentations.
Brief description of the course
During this course, basic theoretical knowledge and practical skills in following multimedia technologies are acquired: 1) image processing; 2) vector graphics; 3) 2D animation (including animated GIFs and web animation); 4) digital audio editing; 5) digital video editing (including videographics); 6) spatial analysis (including GIS); 3D models; virtual and augmented reality.
Learning outcomes in the course
Upon completing the course the student:
- knows principles of multimeedia technologies;
- knows principles of creation and editing of images, vector graphics, digital audio and video, 2D animation and 3D models;
- knows principles of spatial analysis;
- knows principles of virtual and augmented reality;
- is able to create and edit multimedia elements on basic level;
- is able to combine multimedia elements and use them for presentations, in virtual or augmented reality applications;
- is able to further develop himself / herself using the discussed technologies.
Study programmes containing that course