The objective of the course is to introduce different CMS (Content Management System) and their possibilities and to provide theoretical knowledge and practical skills for planning, building, launching and managing a website.
Brief description of the course
Choosing and registering domain name.
Web hosting providers.
Indentifying website requirements and process documentation.
Taking into account website security.
Comparing CMS (e.g Joomla, Wordpress, Drupal, Saurus) that are used in Estonia based on different aspects (e.g multilingual, plugins, support, responsive design).
Installing and configuring CMS.
Installing and modifying templates.
Template licenses and options.
Planning content creation, analysing competitors and SEO.
Search engines comparison. Analytics.
Launching a website, legal aspects and management.
Creating user manual.
Learning outcomes in the course
Upon completing the course the student:
- can choose suitable domain name and web hosting provider;
- can find out website requirements;
- can create a plan and analyze existing web sites;
- can select the most appropriate CMS;
- can install it and appropriate ready-made design, to which, if necessary, makes some modifications;
- can create a website content taking into account search engine optimization;
- can document whole process of creating a web site, taking into account the legal and security aspects;
- can create a manual for managing a website after website launches.