Course title in Estonian
Soome keel B2.1
Course title in English
lecturer of 2023/2024 Autumn semester
Karola Velberg (language of instruction: Finnish)
lecturer of 2023/2024 Spring semester
Not opened for teaching. Click the study programme link below to see the nominal division schedule.
To create the preconditions for the acquisition of oral and written language skills in advanced level B2.1. To develop the ability to search material from a Finnish source on relevant topics. To improve students' knowledge of Finnish culture and society. To create opportunities for acquiring additional knowledge about Finnish cultural space and society.
Brief description of the course
Developing four practical skills at B2.1 level in a communicative key. Expanding vocabulary. Use of authentic material. Development of literary and consumer-text analysing skills. Work with Finnish-language press texts, films and books. Addressing issues of Finnish culture and society.
Learning outcomes in the course
Upon completing the course the student:
- knows and uses acquired vocabulary and grammar in Finnish;
- understands the core of texts on an abstract or specific topic in Finnish;
- is able to speak with a native speaker of Finnish;
- is able to independently write texts and explain own point of view on many topics;
- is able to analyse literary and applied texts using different methods learned during the course;
- has expanded his knowledge of Finnish culture and society, independently researched and introduced one topic.
The course is a prerequisite
Study programmes containing that course