Course title in Estonian
Digitaalse siseturu õigus
Course title in English
The Law of the Digital Single Market
lecturer of 2021/2022 Autumn semester
Mart Susi (language of instruction:English)
Mavili de Cassia da Silva Moura (language of instruction:English)
lecturer of 2021/2022 Spring semester
lecturer not assigned
- to understand the variety of institutional arrangements and fundamental goals of EU internal market rules in the digital environment;
- to develop the knowledge of EU rules relevant to the ‘digital single market’;
- to develop advanced knowledge of principles of EU internal market law.
Brief description of the course
This course will examine the fundamental principles of EU internal market law with special focus on the digital environment. It is designed to accommodate students both with and without prior knowledge EU law or internal market law, who will have to complete more introductory reading in order to successfully complete the course. Students will gain an understanding of how the EU legal systems transposes international laws and how national and EU systems ensure EU rules are applied in context. The course considers the development of the digital single market in detail.
Learning outcomes in the course
Upon completing the course the student:
- be aware of key legal instruments and institutions relevant to the EU internal market;
- be able to apply specific legal rules to a hypothetical case involving the digital single market;
- have an understanding of the historical development of EU internal market law.
Study programmes containing that course