Course title in Estonian
Inimõiguste kaasaegsed väljakutsed
Course title in English
Contemporary Challenges in Human Rights Law
lecturer of 2021/2022 Autumn semester
Tuuli Oder (language of instruction:English)
Šejla Maslo Čerkić (language of instruction:English)
lecturer of 2021/2022 Spring semester
lecturer not assigned
To give to the students a general understanding of the challenges related to the concept of universality of human rights. The students know the main theoretical and practical dimensions related to human rights.
Brief description of the course
The course will cover the following areas in connection with challenges to the principle of universality of human rights:
- Challenges originating from new technologies;
- Challenges connected to international court system;
- Geopolitical challenges.
The course will also focus upon the main questions in relation to human rights research in the contemporary society and the main academic circles.
Learning outcomes in the course
Upon completing the course the student:
- knows the main challenges to the universality of human rights;
- understands the main theories regarding human rights research;
- knows the main academic schools in human rights research and their main research areas.
Study programmes containing that course