Study programme code
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
HT - School of Humanities
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
Sotsiaalteadused, ärindus ja õigus
Study programme group
journalism and information
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Bachelor degree or its equivalent. In case if candidate have higher education on other but Journalism or Languages (Philology) it is recommended, show more...
to have Translation, Editing or Journalism minor on a volume of 16 Credits or have journalism or/and translation practical knowledge and skills.
humanitaarteaduse magister (ajakirjanik-tõlkija)
Study programme aims and objectives
To chance conditions for acquireing journalism and translation theoretical knowledge and acquire practical skills and work experience in some media channel, show more...
editorial board, publishing hoses, etc;
To favour students indipendent study knowledge and its developing for life-long learning;
To chance possibility to have journalist-transaltor professional knowledge and skills;
To form skillis for science-based approach to specialty and form chance for future studies on the PhD level;
To support formation of journalist and translator practical skills.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- has acquired humanities and social studies knowledge which support the specialty’s practical activity show more...
- has acquired specific practical skills and experience in journalism and translation
- has deepened his/her theoretical knowledge on the specialty
- is able to use right methods and technologies on its own practical work on the specialty
- is able to unite acquired theoretical knowledge with practical experience
- is able to maintain interdisciplinary connections
- has critical sources evaluation knowledge and ability to defense his/her own scientific standpoints
- is able to maintain scientific research work and to present own research results on a high professional level
- is ready for life-long learning and self-developing in his/her own professional field
120 ECTS (credit points) of which the general subjects are 15 CP, show more...
core subjects 60 CP, electives 15 CP and Master's thesis 30 CP.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits