Study programme code
Study programme administrator
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
RK - Rakvere College
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
Tervis ja heaolu
Study programme group
Study programme subgroup
en: Sotsiaaltöö ja nõustamine
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Secondary School Leaving Certificate, Certificate of Vocational Secondary Education or a corresponding qualification giving access to higher education.
Estonian language examination or state examination in Estonian language as a foreign language (25%).
Entrance examination (75%) consists of written case study and oral interview.
Study programme aims and objectives
- Create preconditions for the development of social worker who has adopted the ethical foundations of social work, show more...
who has knowledge and skills for social work with different client groups in local governments and in public, private and third sector organisations;
- create preconditions for continuing studies at master level.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- is cognizant of the sources and methods of ethics and theory of social work show more...
- is able to implement and organize social work with different target groups
- is able to evaluate critically the systems of social protection
- understands the significance of mitigating the social problems in society and social work
- is able to carry out studies and implement the results of the studies in everyday work
- has compliance to continue the studies for a master's degree
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, which includes passing all compulsory courses and passing the Bachelor’s examination.
Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits