Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
YK - School of Governance, Law and Society
Study programme title in Est.
Haldus- ja ärikorraldus
study programme title in Engl.
Public and Business Management
Language of instruction
en: Ärindus, haldus ja õigus
Study programme group
business and administration
Study programme subgroup
en: Juhtimine ja haldus
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Secondary School Leaving Certificate, Certificate of Vocational Secondary Education or a corresponding qualification giving access to higher education;
Estonian language state examination (Estonian school) or Estonian language as a second language state examination (at least 60 points).
Entrance exam 75%.
Study programme aims and objectives
- Create the prerequisites for increasing regional development capability according to modern standard of social studies;
- Enable on site high-quality undergraduate studies that creates the prerequisites for continuing studies on the MA level for people living in regions;
- Develop basic knowledge and skills for public or private organization in socio-economic analysis of environmental, organizational and planning activities;
- Contribute to governance and economic knowledge acquisition, enabling the development of middle managers, or executive advisors in the public, private and third sector;
- Contribute to developing analytical skills in the field of governance and economy, that enables working as an effective specialist in the field of development in an organizational unit.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- knows the problems of political science and knows how to classify the main problems of politics and governance show more...
- knows how to plan the work of an organization
- has obtained the necessary competences for conducting a research and has special skills to solve problems within
- explains the problems of governance to non specialists and communicates his knowledge to target groups
- knows how to define his needs for further studies and for professional development
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Bachelor’s thesis or passing the Bachelor’s examination. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
As an additional requirement for students who have been admitted until 2015/2016, the foreign language proficiency according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages shall correspond to B2 level and their computer skills shall be sufficient for university studies.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits