Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
YK - School of Governance, Law and Society
Study programme title in Est.
Poliitika ja valitsemine
study programme title in Engl.
Politics and Governance
Language of instruction
en: Sotsiaalteadused, ajakirjandus ja teave
Study programme group
Study programme subgroup
en: Poliitikateadus ja kodanikuõpetus
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Secondary School Leaving Certificate, Certificate of Vocational show more...
Secondary Education or a corresponding qualification giving access to higher education from a foreign country; passing the admission exam (written motivation letter and oral interview). Proficiency in English at a minimum B2 level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Study programme aims and objectives
To develop core competences for noticing, giving interdisciplinary sense, show more...
analysing and solving problems related to politics and governance.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- has an overview of the field of contemporary politics and governance and the main academic disputes, and is able to relate this to practical developments show more...
- is familiar with the institutions and actors at a state, local, multinational and international level, also their operational logic both in general societal context and special organisation level
- is able to analyse the processes of development and implementation of politics, and has acquired the most significant theories and methods for that ability
- has on overview of the basic principles of society, economy and law
- has acquired necessary competences for working in an international organisation
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Bachelor’s thesis.
International students matriculated since Academic Year 2020/2021 must receive a positive result for course EKY6109.HT Estonian A1 and Estonian culture in order to fulfill the graduation requirements. The International student is a student without Estonian citizenship, long-term residence permit or permanent right of residence.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits