Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
LT - School of Natural Sciences and Health
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
en: Loodusteadused, matemaatika ja statistika
Study programme group
Study programme subgroup
en: Keskkond, mujal liigitamata
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Secondary School Leaving Certificate, Certificate of Vocational Secondary Education or a corresponding qualification giving access to higher education.
- Admission exam 100%
Study programme aims and objectives
- To enable the acquisition of basic knowledge of contemporary environmental issues and their management methods;
- To support critical, integrative, and systemical thinking about environmental issues;
- To provide students with the facilities necessary to acquire the competence required for implementing the environmental management at entry and up to middle management level;
- To support the development of students' individual research skills;
- To enable students to assess their educational needs and prepare them to proceed to Graduate School programs on Environmental Management or related fields.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- has substantial knowledge of the voculabularies and concepts of natural and social sciences relevant to issues of environmental management show more...
- knows common environmental management methods and can implement these in circumstances that do not require strategic decision making
- can find, evaluate and use information related to environmental management issues
- has capabilities for elementary research in the field of environmental management
- has verbal and written communication skills and appropriate reaction to contextual and interpersonal factors, needed in teamwork and in communication with a wide range of audiences
- is able to set goals for developing one’s intellectual and professional skills
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Bachelor’s thesis. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
As an additional requirement for students who have been admitted until 2015/2016, the foreign language proficiency according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages shall correspond to B2 level, in case of students of distant and cyclical learning to B1 level, and their computer skills shall be sufficient for university studies.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits