Study programme code
Study programme administrator
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
LT - School of Natural Sciences and Health
Study programme title in Est.
Molekulaarne biokeemia ja ökoloogia
study programme title in Engl.
Molecular Biochemistry and Ecology
Language of instruction
en: Loodusteadused, matemaatika ja statistika
Study programme group
Study programme subgroup
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Bachelor´s Degree, Diploma of Professional Higher Education or a corresponding qualification in Chemistry, Biology or Geoecology.
Study programme aims and objectives
- Provide opportunities for consistent academic in-depth education and individual research in the fields of chemistry, show more...
biochemistry, biotechnology, molecular biology and molecular ecology;
- Provide opportunities for development of professional competence for working as a specialist/research fellow in chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology, molecular ecology or molecular biology in research, development or education institutions or state testing and customs laboratories;
- Develop skills for applying the methods of molecular biology in environmental and ecological research;
- Encourage willingness to continue in doctoral studies.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- is able to demonstrate in-depth knowledge and understanding of the fields of chemistry, show more...
biochemistry, biotechnology, molecular biology and molecular ecology, and skills for conducting actual research and development
- has knowledge of and skills in using speciality-related testing techniques
- is able, independently and critically, to identify problems and generate hypotheses related to scientific research, apply those methods to carry out experiments, and to evaluate and analyse the results
- can present the results orally and in writing both Estonian and international public, discuss the results and draw conclusions
- can evaluate the need for continuous learning and professional development
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Master’s thesis. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
Since the admission of year 2016 students are required to pass during the studies at least one course which uses a foreign language as the language of instruction.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits