Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
LT - School of Natural Sciences and Health
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Biology (with Minor Field of Study)
Language of instruction
en: Loodusteadused, matemaatika ja statistika
Study programme group
Study programme subgroup
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Secondary School Leaving Certificate, Certificate of Vocational Secondary Education or a corresponding qualification giving access to higher education.
- Admission exam 100%
Study programme aims and objectives
- To support the acquisition of academic education in natural sciences;
- To establish skills for conducting a scientific research;
- To create prerequisites for proceeding studies at the master's level;
- To establish skills for working in governmental and municipal institutions as well as in private enterprises in the field of natural and environmental protection
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- understands the theoretical basis of biology
- is able to orientate in biodiversity and understands the basics of biosystematics show more...
- knows and is able to use elementary biostatistics for designing experiments and analysing data
- has acquired reasoning skills and ability of academic writing. Knows how to use these skills to raise, analyze, and solve problems in the scope of natural sciences
- is able to recognize the interdisciplinary relations between biology and other fields of sciences
- is able to implement professional skills for solving problems of environmental protection and sustainable development
- has skills for working at positions requiring knowledge in biological and environmental sciences
- is able to discuss professional issues with different social groups in the broader cultural context
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Bachelor’s thesis. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits