Study programme code
Study programme administrator
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
FK - Baltic Film, Media and Arts School
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
Humanitaaria ja kunstid
Study programme group
Study programme subgroup
en: Muusika ja esituskunstid
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Since 2016 a secondary school (gymnasium) graduation certificate, a certificate of obtaining vocational secondary education or of the corresponding qualification
The student candidate should have primary skills in expressing oneself via dance
The admission exams consist of solving dance technical, creative and improvisational tasks, of an interview and a written essay
Estonian language requirement at least on the A2 level if the candidate's learning language was not Estonian at the former level of studies
Study programme aims and objectives
- establish possibilities for gaining knowledge in relations between people, society and culture, as well as in theoretical treatment of art making;
- establish possibilities for gaining knowledge in dance theoretical subjects;
- to build possibilities for professional creative self development and preparation in the field of dance;
establish possibilities for obtaining major principles and - anatomically correct movements and mastering them in training process;
- establish groundwork for developing dance analysis and academic writing;
- form willingness to continue studies on master level;
- support cultural and ethical values
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- has gained knowledge about the basic principles of dance, its history and social manifestations show more...
- can take into account different interest groups and participate in team work
- has gained knowledge in dance analyse methods
- is able to carry out small scale dance theoretical and practical research and present the results in an academically correct way
- is able to choreograph and direct small scale works of original choreography
- has gained knowledge in the chosen specialisation track
- can identify their needs for supplementary training and has sufficient basis for continuing studies on master lavel
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Bachelor’s thesis. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
As an additional requirement for students who have been admitted until 2015/2016, the foreign language proficiency according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages shall correspond to B2 level, in case of students of distant and cyclical learning to B1 level, and their computer skills shall be sufficient for university studies.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits