Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
LT - School of Natural Sciences and Health
Study programme title in Est.
Käsitöö ja kodunduse õpetaja
study programme title in Engl.
Teacher of Handicraft and Home Economics
Language of instruction
Study programme group
teacher training and educational science
Study programme subgroup
en: Aineõpetajate koolitus
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Bachelor's degree/Diploma of professional higher education in handicraft and home economics or an equivalent qualification.
Entrance examination: essay and conversation.
haridusteaduse magister (käsitöö ja kodunduse õpetaja)
Study programme aims and objectives
To create possibilities for acquiring integral academic education in the educational sciences and in teacher training in the craft and home economics speciality, show more...
with the competence of working as a teacher of craft and home economics and continuing the educational path in Doctoral studies.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- is familiar with the educational scientific, professional, subject- based and didactic fundamental concepts, theories, and research methods show more...
- distinguishes between educational paradigms and critically assesses the application possibilities of these
- creates interdisciplinary connections between pedagogical psychological and handicraft and home economics-related knowledge
- is able to explain and analyse the pedagogical process and the factors influencing it, includin self-reflection and planning the future development
- through independent research demonstrates deep knowledge in educational sciences and in craft and home economics teacher training both in Estonian and in a foreign language
- is ready to participate in the civil society and follows ethical principles
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Master’s thesis. During the studies, students are required to pass at least one course which uses a foreign language as the language of instruction. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits
teacher training courses