Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
LT - School of Natural Sciences and Health
Study programme title in Est.
Tehnoloogiavaldkonna ainete õpetaja
study programme title in Engl.
Teacher of Technology Education
Language of instruction
Study programme group
teacher training and educational science
Study programme subgroup
en: Aineõpetajate koolitus
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Bachelor's degree/Diploma of professional higher education in show more...
Handicraft and Home Economics or Craft and Technology education or Integrated Craft and Home Economics Technologies or an equivalent qualification.
Teacher training entrance exam consists of two equal parts: examination of professional competence or average grade of the bachelor studies (50 %), vocational aptitude test (50 %).
Vocational aptitude test assesses the student teacher candidate’s readiness and motivation to complete teacher training and acquire teaching profession.
Study programme aims and objectives
To create possibilities for acquiring integral academic education show more...
in the educational sciences and in teacher training in the Handicraft and Home Economics or Craft and Technology Education speciality, with the competence of working as a teacher of Handicraft and Home Economics or Craft and Technology Education and continuing the educational path in Doctoral studies.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- is familiar with the pedagogic, professional, subject-based and didactic key concepts and theories; knows research methods show more...
- distinguishes between educational paradigms and critically assesses the application possibilities of these
- creates interdisciplinary connections between pedagogical psychology and subject field knowledge
- knows how to plan and guide learning processes, design learning environments, supervise pupils’ learning and promote motivation
- can work in a team and as a team-leader, and involves different partners: learners, colleagues, other parties of the education system
- knows how to use different learning and research strategies, how to apply tools of education technology in the learning, teaching and creating of the learning environment; is familiar with a variety of teaching techniques
- integrates subject specific topics with other school subjects; connects subject knowledge and skills with the topics of the general education curriculum and everyday life
- can describe and analyse the pedagogical process and the factors influencing it, engages in self-reflection, plans one’s future development
- through independent research demonstrates deep knowledge in educational sciences and in craft and home economics or craft and technology education teacher training both in Estonian and in a foreign language
- follows ethical principles, participates in the civil society and is tolerant of the varieties
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Master’s thesis. During the studies, students are required to pass at least one course which uses a foreign language as the language of instruction. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits
teacher training courses