Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
HT - School of Humanities
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
Humanitaaria ja kunstid
Study programme group
Study programme subgroup
en: Humanitaaria, mujal liigitamata
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Secondary School Leaving Certificate, Certificate of Vocational Secondary Education or a corresponding qualification giving access to higher education.
State exams: 3 exams on applicant’s choice;
Admission quota: 60 points.
Admission requirements for international applicants:
General secondary education or equivalent qualification;
Entrance exams: motivation letter and interview with the admission committee.
Study programme aims and objectives
Create preconditions for the formation of extensive knowledge and implementation skills in the humanities;
Create a systematic knowledge of the theoretical framework, research directions and methods of the humanities;
Create the ability to orient in the literature in the area of humanities, find the necessary information and give it a critical evaluation;
Create the prerequisites to ensure that students can continue their studies at Master's level under their chosen professions or work in positions requiring extensive humanities based and special (history, translation, language and culture) knowledge and skills;
Offer students who do not speak Estonian, along with the opportunity to study in the speciality, possibility to learn the Estonian language at a level which would allow to continue their studies at Master's level in Estonian.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- has acquired extensive knowledge and skills in the field of humanities in accordance with personal choice in the curriculum (history, translation, languages and cultures) show more...
- is able to combine the learned theoretical knowledge and practical skills
- can make a critical evaluation of literature in the humanities and defend their point of view
- is able to carry out a scientific research in the humanities and present the results of their research
- can identify the need for further training and professional development, has the prerequisites to continue the studies at the Master's level or find employment requiring extensive and specialised knowledge and skills in the humanities (history, translation, languages and cultures)
In order to graduate a student has to fulfill the curriculum, show more...
to pass the compulsory subjects and to write and defend the thesis or pass the final examination (if a module gives the opportunity to graduate with the examination) (since KKHB/11 version);
The curriculum sets out the conditions for graduation: C1 level of professional proficiency in Estonian, one foreign language at B2 level according to the European Language Portfolio, the necessary computer skills to university level.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits