Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
HR - School of Educational Sciences
Study programme title in Est.
Täiskasvanuõpe sotsiaalsetes muutustes
study programme title in Engl.
Adult Education for Social Change
Language of instruction
Study programme group
teacher training and educational science
Study programme subgroup
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Bachelor´s Degree, Diploma of Professional Higher Education show more...
or a corresponding qualification
Study programme aims and objectives
The aims of the programme are, through an in-depth study of policy, practice, research and theory, to
- offer a coherent programme of in-depth study of adult education and social change, based on the specialized knowledge of the consortium`s academics, settings and community partners, using a variety of teaching and assessment methods;
- develop evidence based practical skills in adult education and social change;
- develop intercultural communication and cooperation skills within a European framework to strengthen equality, and increase active citizenship;
- provide students with ongoing professional development and transferable skills training including the opportunity to acquire key employability skills through work placements
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- evaluate the links between adult education and economic and social policy and the application of adult learning theories in relation to issues of social justice show more...
- critically analyse and evaluate current trends and developments across the range and diversity of adult education provision in the EU and international context
- assess critically the ideas of leading adult education theorists and apply their thinking to adult education in the EU and globally
- implements principles of adult education policy and projects
- facilitate adult learning, using appropriate teaching and learning methods and materials in both traditional and online settings, in
Europe and globally
- critically analyse a variety of problems and issues within the field of study of adult education, using IT skills, enabling them to proceed to further academic study in this field
- evaluate the practical solutions to problems that most educators of adults are likely to encounter in their practice, through traditional and online platforms assess the differential impacts and use of various forms of research in the field of adult education
- evaluate and value their own and their students` progress by setting assignments and giving feedback to their students, and by monitoring and evaluation their own teaching
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Master’s thesis.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits