Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
HR - School of Educational Sciences
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
Study programme group
teacher training and educational science
Study programme subgroup
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Secondary School Leaving Certificate, Certificate of Vocational Secondary Education or a corresponding qualification giving access to higher education. show more...
Study programme aims and objectives
- to give integrated knowledge in different trends in educational sciences, philosophy, psychology and sociology;
- to give basic knowledge of two subjects that is taught in general school in field of humanities or science
- to give readiness to continue studies at a post-graduate (Master’s) level.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- has knowledge in pedagogy and psychology
- is prepared to understand the pupil and his/her learning based on student´s particularities show more...
- has readiness to cooperate with social partners
- has knowledge to assist compulsory school pupils from grades 4-9 in learning of two subjects
- has readiness to integrate theoretical knowledge into school practice
- is able to continue his/her studies at a post-graduate (Master’s) level
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Bachelor’s thesis or passing the Bachelor’s examination. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits