Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
HR - School of Educational Sciences
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
Study programme group
teacher training and educational science
Study programme subgroup
en: Klassiõpetaja koolitus
Nominal study period (in semesters)
An applicant must have a Bachelor´s degree in Educational Science or an equivalent level of preparation. show more...
haridusteaduse magister (eripedagoog-nõustaja)
Study programme aims and objectives
- To create an opportunity to acquire an education in special education at a Master's level and to create preconditions for continuation of studies at a Doctoral level;
- To create opportunities for the acquisition of international and local specific knowledge/experience and trends in special education and critical analysis in the context of educational sciences;
- To create the readiness of a student to work as a special educator and counsellor in inclusive education;
- To support the formation of professionalism of a special educator.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- orientates in educational sciences, can create interdisciplinary links and put knowledge and experience from neighbouring areas into practice in special education show more...
- orientates and analyses special education in the context of international and local trends, follows political guidelines and legislative acts, knows positive experience of the specialty/area and can put it into practice
- has a systematic overview of theories and research methods in special education and counselling
- knows how to find and implement intervention methods and methods to find out special needs necessary in practical special educational and counselling activities
- has tolerant and ethic attitudes towards the creation of equal opportunities and the value of individual differences in the framework of inclusive education
- values and knows how to establish different cooperation networks in order to achieve special educational objectives
- values life-long learning and continuous professional development and knows how to plan, reflect and draw conclusions upon professional development of an adult
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Master’s thesis. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
Since the admission of year 2016 students are required to pass during the studies at least one course which uses a foreign language as the language of instruction
As an additional requirement for students who have been admitted until 2015/2016, the foreign language proficiency according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages shall correspond to B2 level and their computer skills shall be sufficient for university studies. Since the admission of year 2016 students are required to pass during the studies at least one course which uses a foreign language as the language of instruction.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits