Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
HR - School of Educational Sciences
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
Study programme group
teacher training and educational science
Study programme subgroup
en: Klassiõpetaja koolitus
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Secondary School Leaving Certificate, Certificate of Vocational Secondary Education or a corresponding qualification giving access to higher education. show more...
For admission a student must pass an exam.
Study programme aims and objectives
- Establish conditions to acquire broad science based education in the field of special education;
- Establish conditions for the development of an ethical and co-operative specialist in the field of special education;
- Establish conditions for continuing studies in the special-educator counsellor master’s degree program.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- has basic knowledge in educational sciences, systematic knowledge show more...
in special education and recognises and understands interdisciplinary links in the context of social and educational sciences
- has tolerant and ethic attitudes towards the creation of equal opportunities and the value of individual differences in the framework of inclusive education and teamwork
- knows how to put theoretical knowledge into practical work with children and adults with special needs and how to adapt the learning environment according to pupil’s needs
- is able to find and critically assess information, to orientate in specific questions and problems of the specialty and to participate in professional discussions
- is able to reflect his/her activities, is prepared for professional development and life-long learning
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Bachelor’s thesis. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
2017/2018 academic year, in order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, which includes passing all compulsory courses and passing the Bachelor´s examination
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits