Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
HR - School of Educational Sciences
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Educational Innovation and Leadership
Language of instruction
Study programme group
teacher training and educational science
Study programme subgroup
en: Hariduse interdistsiplinaarne õppekavarühm
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Bachelor degree, diploma of applied higher education or equivalent qualification. show more...
International applicants to whom English is not a native language are required to provide a proof of their English language proficiency in at least level B2. Exceptions are made only for applicants who have completed their previous studies fully in English.
Study programme aims and objectives
Create the opportunities for:
- acquiring contemporary knowledge on educational innovation and trends in different educational systems;
- analysing and comparing international educational experiences to practices implemented in Estonia to understand contextual factors and how various parts are interconnected in education adopting a systematic approach to plan, carry out and analyse evidence-based educational change and school improvement (on individual, organisational and system levels);
- acquiring knowledge and developing competences on leadership in educational organisations in light of contemporary leadership and innovation theories;
- supporting development and professional identity of the educational leader.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- understands wider trends in educational systems and polices show more...
and is able to critically analyse and evaluate their efficiency taking into consideration the socio-cultural context of different countries, including moving from a highly centralized educational system to a democratic and innovative system
- is able to propose evidence-based reforms and solutions to educational needs on various levels taking into consideration the socio- cultural and political context
- is able to critically analyse the effects and impact of educational change and outcomes of interventions
- is able to lead educational innovation and development projects on all levels of education
- can identify and analyse competences and self-development needs of him/herself as a leader and educational innovation leader
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Master´s thesis.International students matriculated since Academic Year 2020/2021 must receive a positive result for course EKY6109.HT in order to fulfill the graduation requirements. The International student is a student without Estonian citizenship, long-term residence permit or permanent right of residence.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits