Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
HK - Haapsalu College
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
Professional Higher Education studies
en: Sotsiaalteadused, ajakirjandus ja teave
Study programme group
Study programme subgroup
en: Sotsiaal- ja käitumisteadused, mujal liigitamata
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Secondary School Leaving Certificate, Certificate of Vocational Secondary Education or a corresponding qualification giving access to higher education,
a valid driving license (or a driving license being obtained); entrance examination.
rakenduskõrgharidusõppe diplom, sotsiaalteaduse bakalaureus
Study programme aims and objectives
To create preconditions for:
- ensuring systematic and continuous traffic safety education;
- being aware of basic concepts and theoretical principles of traffic safety;
- developing the knowledge and skills necessary for understanding and carrying out traffic analyses and research studies;
- developing the knowledge and skills necessary for an interdisciplinary approach to traffic behaviour;
- understanding the basic principles of a safe traffic environment;
- developing the readiness to work as a traffic safety specialist;
- obtaining the basic knowledge necessary for continuing the studies at Master´s level;
- lifelong learning and continuous professional development;
- obtaining the basics of international traffic safety.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- is aware of theoretical and methodological basics of traffic safety show more...
- is able to carry out traffic safety analysis and research studies
- is able to develop attitudes aimed at traffic safety of different target groups
- is able to develop a safe traffic environment and predict human behaviour in the environment
- understands the role of traffic safety related institutions and the importance of partnership in the development of a traffic environment and behaviour
- is able to coordinate and manage different projects that develop traffic safety on national and local levels
- has pre-knowledge and skills necessary for carrying out international collaboration in the field of traffic safety
- understands the importance of his/her own continuous professional development and life long learning
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the final portfolio. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
As an additional requirement for students is the foreign language proficiency according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages shall correspond to B2 level, and it is recommended to pass at least one subject in English and their computer skills shall be sufficient for university studies.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits