Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
HT - School of Humanities
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
Humanitaaria ja kunstid
Study programme group
languages and cultures
Study programme subgroup
Nominal study period (in semesters)
BA or an equivalent level of qualification.
humanitaarteaduse magister (Aasia uuringud)
Study programme aims and objectives
- To enable the students to acquire deeper knowledge on the historic traditions, show more...
classical culture as well as modern society and culture of different regions of Middle East and Asia;
- To develop skills in the chosen language;
- To create prerequisites for continuing studies in the PhD programme of Cultural Studies;
- To support the formation of skills necessary for conducting independent research.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- has acquired the required level in the Asian language chosen according to the main speciality show more...
- has specific knowledge of the history and culture of the region chosen according to the main speciality
- is able to write a research paper based on practical and analytical knowledge relating to the region chosen according to the main speciality
- is able to analyse and apply theories, methods and practical knowledge relating to the speciality
- has the skills needed for systematic and critical analysis of speciality literature, and is able to work with the literature
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Master’s thesis. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
As an additional requirement for students who have been admitted until 2015/2016, the foreign language proficiency according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages shall correspond to B2 level, in case of students of distant and cyclical learning to B1 level, and their computer skills shall be sufficient for university studies. Since the admission of year 2016 students are required to pass during the studies at least one course which uses a foreign language as the language of instruction.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits