Study programme code
Head of study programme
Carlo Cubero Irizarry
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
HT - School of Humanities
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
en: Sotsiaalteadused, ajakirjandus ja teave
Study programme group
Study programme subgroup
en: Sotsioloogia ja kulturoloogia
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Bachelor degree or an equivalent level of qualification. International show more...
applicants to whom English is not a native language are required to provide a proof of their English language proficiency. Exceptions are made only for applicants who have completed their previous studies fully in English. Admission is based on the results of the vocational aptitude exam.
sotsiaalteaduse magister (antropoloogia)
Study programme aims and objectives
- to provide an opportunity to acquire in-depth knowledge in the disciplines of anthropology;
- to provide an opportunity for those with a Bachelor degree in anthropology to increase their competence in modern social and cultural anthropology or audiovisual ethnography;
- to provide an opportunity for those with a Bachelor degree in other disciplines of the humanities or arts to continue their studies in anthropology on equal terms with students referred to in the previous clause;
- to create preconditions for the extensive application of the theory and methods of the disciplines taught under the curriculum in the research work of students in Doctoral studies of anthropology or other disciplines in the social sciences or humanities, or in employment in any state authority, local government authority or third sector.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- has an extensive knowledge in the selected discipline
- is able to see the relevance and potential of anthropological research in resolving, show more...
understanding and analyzing global problems
- is able to use the acquired knowledge and skills in Doctoral studies, or academic or non-academic positions
- is able to carry out fieldwork and to write research papers based on empirical data
- has the needed skills for and critical analysis of speciality literature
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Master’s thesis. As an additional requirement for students who have been admitted until 2015/2016 the foreign language proficiency according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages shall correspond to C1 level. International students matriculated since Academic Year 2020/2021 must receive a positive result for course EKY6109.HT in order to fulfill the graduation requirements. The International student is a student without Estonian citizenship, long-term residence permit or permanent right of residence.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits