Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
HT - School of Humanities
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
en: Sotsiaalteadused, ajakirjandus ja teave
Study programme group
Study programme subgroup
en: Sotsioloogia ja kulturoloogia
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Secondary School Leaving Certificate, Certificate of Vocational Secondary Education or a corresponding qualification giving access to higher education.
Admission is based on the results of national exams and the vocational aptitude exam.
Study programme aims and objectives
- to ensure preparation for comprehension and research in the fields of anthropology;
- to create opportunities for acquisition of basic knowledge in humanities and social sciences bordering anthropology;
- enable specialization in archaeology or social and cultural anthropology and ensure diverse specialized learning possibilities in these subject fields;
- to support the acquisition of the necessary knowledge to conduct fieldwork in social and cultural anthropology or archaeology;
- to create the preconditions for applying the knowledge and skills acquired during the studies in specialized research as well as in non-academic positions;
- to prepare students for continuation of their studies in a Master’s program in anthropology or a related discipline (sociology, cultural theory, intercultural communication etc);
- to create preconditions for continuation or complementation of studies at foreign universities.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- has an understanding of cultural diversity and appreciates the role of anthropological sciences in researching it show more...
- is able to see the relevance and potential of anthropological research in resolving, understanding and analyzing global problems
- is competent in communicating knowledge orally and in writing in formats acknowledged in the academic world
- has broad knowledge about the essence, goals and different fields of anthropology and related disciplines
- is able to raise questions and issues related to anthropology, to analyze and provide solutions to these questions
- can continue studies at Master´s level in the same field, another field of anthropology or a similar discipline at universities in Estonia or abroad
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Bachelor’s thesis. Students who have not graduated from upper secondary schools where Estonian is the language of instruction, or who have graduated from schools where Estonian is only partly the language of instruction, are required to have Estonian language proficiency at C1 level.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits