Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
FK - Baltic Film, Media and Arts School
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
Humanitaaria ja kunstid
Study programme group
Study programme subgroup
en: Audiovisuaalsed tehnikad ja meedia tootmine
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Bachelor´s degree, diploma of applied higher education or equivalent qualification, show more...
proficiency in English to the level of Independent User (B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) and passing the admission exam.
Study programme aims and objectives
The study programm is, first and foremost, intended for active and open-minded people who have prior education and work experience in the field of the media, show more...
television and documentary film production, people who are interested in developing their professional knowledge and capabilities, who see creative potential in themselves, have social and cultural interests, a desire to participate in society, and if required, to take on a managerial and creative responsibility in the media, television and filmmaking companies.
The aim of the study programm is to open up the creative potential of the students in the factual and fictional television formats and genres and documentary filmmaking, and to create conditions for their professional self-realization in television and film productions as both creators and on various editorial and organizational supervisory levels. The study programme contributes to the preparation of a qualified workforce for television and independent production companies.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- can critically evaluate major social and cultural processes and media approaches show more...
- is able to professional orientation in the field of audio visual media, its role, principles of operation, impact, development trends and issues of social responsibility
- has acquired professional skills, knowledge and motivation in order to actively participate in society and culture through creating and managing the fact-based media, is able to act ethically and broad-mindedly in the complicated situations of the sphere of documentaries
- is able to work in a supervisory position of television and documentary production both in the public and private sectors, is competent in delivering one´s knowledge through teaching, coaching/guidance and management
- is ready to work in a creative field of the audiovisual media as independent film director, screenwriter, journalist or producer
- can implement the knowledge, skills and experience in content production of the media environment having several platforms in today´s information society
- is able to take part in international creative and production projects in the field of the audiovisual media
- can critically assess and analyse the creative results of one’s own and the others, and the need for post-graduate studies and own professional development
- is ready to continue the PhD studies in the fields related to the audiovisual media
In order to complete the study programme, students have to cover the prescribed load, show more...
complete the courses in compulsory subjects and defend their final exploratory or creative project a documentary film.
An additional requirement for students who were admitted up to the 2015/2016 academic year is that their foreign language proficiency must correspond to B2 level in television and C1 level in documentary film production according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, and their computer skills must be sufficient for university studies.
International students matriculated since Academic Year 2020/2021 must receive a positive result for course EKY6109.HT Estonian A1 and Estonian culture in order to fulfill the graduation requirements. The International student is a student without Estonian citizenship, long-term residence permit or permanent right of residence.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits