Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
YK - School of Governance, Law and Society
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
Sotsiaalteadused, ärindus ja õigus
Study programme group
business and administration
Study programme subgroup
en: Turundus ja reklaam
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Secondary education or equivalent foreign qualification.
In full time studies (stationary): Estonian language state examination (Estonian school) or Russian language state examination (Russian school) (25%)
State examination (candidate’s choice) (25%)
Entrance exam (50%)
In part time, extention (distance learning): Entrance exam (100%)
Study programme aims and objectives
- to create main competences in social sciences with the accent on the business administration and marketing;
- to create possibilities to get deeper knowledges in business administration and marketing;
- to create precondition for continuation the studies at the Master’s level in the business administration and marketing;
- to support the developing of skills to work in business foundation on a position requiring knowledge in business administration and marketing (specialists, managers, advisors of the executives);
- to create skills to communicate with different target-groups and to explain specific issues of marketing in social and in cultural context;
- to create skills to define his/her level of development and the need for self-improvement.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- has a systematic knowledge of the essential fundamental concepts, theoretical principles and methods of social sciences, including business management and marketing
- has a knowledge in the theoretical schools, tendencies and topical problems of marketing
- has a basic knowledge for research in the field of business management and marketing and for the respective analysis and argumentation
- ability proficiency of critical and interdisciplinary analysis of business managerial problems and projects from the aspect of globalising world using adequate methods
- ability to apply the acquired knowledge in professional work, to critically analyse and plan his/her activities, to estimate the consequences of his/her activities in society
- has a readiness to participate actively in society, toleration to the variation of dispositions and values
- ability and willingness to define the need for professional extra studies, trend to life-long learning
In order to complete the curriculum the student must:
1. complete the curriculum in determined load, show more...
e.g. pass all the compulsory courses and the elective courses in the load determined by the curriculum and defend Bachelor’s thesis or pass Bachelor’s examination;
2. a full time student must achieve competency in one foreign language on the level B2 and part time student on B1 in accordance with the European language study framework document or a minimum of 80 points on the state examination in foreing language;
3. The student must achieve the required level of proficiency in computer skills as established by the Institute of Informatics and confirmed by the Education Committee of the University Senate.
4. Students graduated from a secondary school with the diretion language other than Estonian must achieve a competency level C1 in Estonian language in accordance with the European language study framework document.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits