Study programme code
Study programme administrator
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
YK - School of Governance, Law and Society
Study programme title in Est.
study programme title in Engl.
Language of instruction
en: Ärindus, haldus ja õigus
Study programme subgroup
Nominal study period (in semesters)
Secondary School Leaving Certificate, Certificate of Vocational Secondary Education or a corresponding qualification giving access to higher education
Admission examination: written letter of motivation and oral interview. Proof of English on B2 level (European framework of reference for languages)
Study programme aims and objectives
- to create preconditions for formation of principle competency show more...
of the main spheres of law and theoretical developmental trends and methods proceeded from the European values and legal culture and considering the context of globalising world;
- to create preconditions for developing skills of logically argued critical thinking, analysing and interpretation and their application for solving the easier legal issues;
- to create preconditions for development of professional and moral standards and skills of application of law knowledge and formation the skills to assess the consequences of his/her activities in society, as well as to use legal data bases;
- to create preconditions to develop skills for teamwork and its leadership and for preparedness for tolerance of diversity of attitudes and values;
- to create conditions to acquire knowledge, skills and attitudes for life-long learning and continuing studies of law on Master’s level.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- has systematic knowledge of principle spheres of law, their internal connections, show more...
theoretical schools and developmental trends as well as the most important legal systems and the role and functions of law in society
- has knowledge in the different spheres of social sciences connected with law and can use the knowledge in understanding the today´s globalising world and is able to solve easier legal issues
- can analyse logically correctly and critically legal problems from the aspect of today`s social developments using appropriate theories and methods and planning his/her activities assessing the possible consequences in society
- can capable to find necessary data from different legal databases, is prepared to participate or lead teamwork, is tolerant for diversity of social attitudes and values
- can explain professional problems in a foreign language both in written and orally and participates in professional disputes
- can capable to determine his/her personal development and need for professional advanced studies and is tended to life-long learning
- can capable to use knowledge, skills and attitudes that are preconditions for continuation Law studies on Master´s level and enable to solve practical legal principle issues
In order to graduate, the student shall complete the study programme in the given volume, show more...
which includes passing all compulsory courses and compiling and defending the Bachelor’s thesis.
International students matriculated since Academic Year 2020/2021 must receive a positive result for course EKY6109.HT Estonian A1 and Estonian culture in order to fulfill the graduation requirements. The International student is a student without Estonian citizenship, long-term residence permit or permanent right of residence.
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits