Study programme code
Head of study programme
MER study programme code
Study programme version code
School / college
YK - School of Governance, Law and Society
Study programme title in Est.
Õigusteadus ja juhtimine
study programme title in Engl.
Law with Management
Language of instruction
Sotsiaalteadused, ärindus ja õigus
Nominal study period (in semesters)
General secondary education or a foreign qualification equivalent thereto (the diploma of an accredited high school/secondary school).
Study programme aims and objectives
To deepen the knowledge of general education and to create necessary skills for understanding the contemporary principle problems;
To create necessary skills for acquiring interdisciplinary and applicable professional knowledge in contemporary society;
To create preconditions for the development of professional and moral standards of application of professional knowledge;
To create conditions to acquire knowledge of a substantial range of major concepts, values, principles and rules of law and management;
To create the ability to explain professional problems to different target groups;
To support through studies and practical training the development of skills and competence for working in jobs and positions requiring primary professional knowledge
(specialists, entry level positions);
To create necessary skills for continuing the studies at the Master’s level.
Learning outcomes of the study programme
- has systematic knowledge of principle concepts, theories, principles and methods of social sciences, including law and management show more...
- has knowledge in theoretical schools, development trends and topical problems of law and management
- has basic knowledge for research work in law and management and for the respective analysis and argumentation
- can analyse critically and interdisciplinary legal and managerial problems, texts and projects from the aspect of development of contemporary society using appropriate methods
- is able to apply the acquired knowledge in professional activity, critically analyse and plan his/her activities and estimate their consequenses in society
- is able to critically orientate in professional literature, find the required information from different information sources and has ability to understand it in broader social context
- can explain professional problems in the instruction language (English) both in written and orally and participate in professional disputes
- can and wants to define his/her need for general and professional development, is tended to life-long learning
In order to complete the curriculum the student must complete the curriculum in determined load, show more...
e.g. pass all the compulsory courses and the elective courses in the load determined by the curriculum and pass the Bachelor’s exam;
Study programme version structure:
total ECTS credits